Shai Chu fundraising for The Starlight Children's Foundation Midatlantic Inc.
Finally got my act together for the long awaited Yellow Fever Holiday Potluck. Come make fun of/imitate/openly worship Asians. Fank u.
I love the holidays... the festivities, the lights, the smell of cinnamon, but if you are like me, every year you feel like you need a break from all the jingling of bells, fat Santas and the frantic gift shopping.
I set up this fundraiser for Starlight Children's foundation (Non-profit giving hope and joy to children who are ill) as a way of escaping the craziness of this season and getting back in touch with the real meaning of the season: Generosity, Gratitude, Good Friends/ Family and of course, Good Food.
However, those who know me, are fully aware of my borderline inappropriate sense of humor, so let's take a break from the all-too-familiar Turkey/Ham/Pie spread, eat some yummy asian food, openly love/hate on Asian culture and you get to do this ALL FOR A GREAT CAUSE!!!
Being competitive in nature, not only will we have a cookoff contest, we will have several other competitions during the night. Here are the categories:
1.) Most delish appetizer
2.) Most delish entree
3.) Most delish side dish (white rice doesn't count.. sorry)
4.) Best costume
6.) Best asian joke/encounter/experience
What do I win?
Bragging rights, an immense sense of pride, a ginormous dose of self-confidence and self-worth.
I was born in Communist China, so we need Rules! This is how it's gonna go down:
Date: Saturday, December 17th, 2011
Address: 1602 Potomac Ave SE, Washington DC 20003
1. You must come to the party either:
- Dressed up like a famous asian
- with a picture of your favorite asian stuck/pinned onto your shirt. (Doesn't have to be a famous person, could be the butcher down the street.. but if you are asian, showing up as yourself doesn't count.)
- Come with a joke about asians or story of an encounter/experience with asians. (These will be shared with the group
2. Eating/Cooking rules:
- If you just want to come and enjoy the food and help us determine who wins, make a donation for $20/adult. Children can party for free! Woot Woot! Bring your friends, your grandma, your dry cleaner! The more the merrier!
- Enter into a cookoff category of your choice through the donation box to the right. Then email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know what dish you will bring.
- Food must be prepared from scratch. So, no submitting take out from the Mandarin Oriental's CityZen.
- Food must be of Oriental descent.